I have been taking a look at our blog and noticed that we haven’t posted a healthy eating recipe since January! It’s actually perfect timing for me to take the time to sit down and share one because I just started a new diet. Most of you who know me know that I have been struggling with weight issues my entire life because of one thing- carbs… We all know that eating a bag of chips feels better than running or a long walk, but for me it was more like compulsive eating.
This week, I started a new Low-Carb Diet. Originally, I wanted to do the Keto Diet but going from an average of 150 carbs a day to under 20 would be too much of an adjustment. I am shooting to eat between 45 and 55 carbs per day which is still classified as a low-carb diet. I have been using the Carb Manager App which syncs directly to my Apple Watch and tallies up my net carb, protein and fat intake.
One recipe that I plan on making while I follow this diet is: Baked Avocado Eggs and I decided to leave the recipe down below for you! Let us know what you think and if you like the recipe please share with your friends!
for 4 servings
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 1 cherry tomato, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh basil, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Place the avocado halves on a baking sheet and scoop out some of the flesh to make a bigger hole.
- Crack one egg into each hole and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with toppings of choice and bake for 15 minutes or until yolk reaches desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, as desired.